Friday, October 28, 2011

Allergy-Proof Pumpkin/Chai/Chocolate Chip Biscotti



I made this for a fall-themed party last month.  Oh man, was it ever amazing.  I um...quite literally ate the entire batch, because everyone else was afraid to try it.  Maybe I won't tell everyone what I put in a dish next time I bring food to a party...mergh.

Anyway, my biscotti is loosely based off this recipe:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pumpkin_biscotti/

Mine was gluten-free and egg-free.  I used brown rice flour, and subbed 1/2 cup mashed banana for the two eggs.  As for spices, I omitted the nutmeg, ginger, and cloves and added a scoop of Mystic Chai instead (each container comes with one of said scoops).  I then added chocolate chips, and sprinkled more chai mix on top before popping it in the oven.  I swear, that stuff is like crack for me, haha!  I drink at least one cup of it a day, and I sprinkle it over everything -- yogurt, sliced apples, sliced bananas, you name it!  

This is different from your run-of-the-mill biscotti, in that it is soft and fluffy, as opposed to dry and crunchy.  This is thanks to the rice flour.  They don't do so well when dipped in coffee (...or chai), but they're still pretty amazing, if you ask me.  Of course, I may be kinda biased.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment