Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hi.

Welcome to the new blog!

Yes indeed, this is where I shall be posting my recipes/culinary disasters from now on.  You can read about them, or even try them out if you have a burning desire to do so.  However, for the most part, this is simply a place for me to document my crazy kitchen adventures.  Since I have a bad memory, and tend to forget exactly which crazy adventure led to which disaster, etc.

I was vegetarian for nearly six years, and I loved every minute of it.  Unfortunately, I've developed a high sensitivity to gluten and, as of about a month ago, I made the decision to become a gluten-free omni.  Trying to be both a vedgehead and g-f is complicated!  I don't think it's a decision I'll regret.


Still, feel free to talk to me if you have any interest in going vedge.  It's a great lifestyle, and I highly recommend at least trying it out at some point during your life.

Here's the old blog, if anyone's interested.  I also know of quite a few awesome online resources for seasoned/aspiring vedgeheads, so hit me up if you want!

http://theedgeofvedge.blogspot.com/


So, what kinds of recipes will be on here, you ask?  Well, I can tell you this much right now:  many of said recipes will be gluten-free, but some might not be.

I don't want to be yet another g-f blogger.  Believe me, the interwebs have no shortage of those at the moment!

But I do want to help out others with special needs, in terms of food. In order to do this, I need you (Yes!  You there!) to give me your two cents.  Whether you have food allergies, intolerances, or any other conditions affecting the way you eat, I want to hear from you!

Here's how it's gonna go:

1. Tell me about the special diet you're on -- what you can and cannot eat, etc.

2.  Let me know what, exactly, it is that you want.  Maybe you're a celiac craving some cake, or a diabetic longing for dessert?

3. Aaaand I'll try my hand at making it!

Seriously, go ahead.  I enjoy a good culinary challenge!















No comments:

Post a Comment